Hi, I’m Greta van der Rol. Welcome to my worlds.
Like it says on the banner – writer, photographer, animal lover, space nut.
- I write books, mainly light science fiction (think Star Wars with better science and no Force), but I have two books about were-tigers, and I’ve written one historical novel. Find out more on the Books page.
- I travel fairly often and I write a journal illustrated with my photos. You’ll find an index on the Travel page
- I write a weekly blog here, about whatever takes my fancy, and where my travel journals first appear. I also write a weekly blog at Space freighters Lounge, which is about writing and/or science.
Animal Lover: Shines through in my photography – and sometimes in my stories
Space Nut: I love reading about astronomy, cosmology, and space exploration – told in a non-mathematical way, preferably with pictures like the ones you’ll find at NASA and Hubble. This is why I write science fiction.
I live with my husband not far from the beach in Queensland, Australia. When I’m not slaving over a hot computer I take photographs of nature and animals. Come on in and look around. There’s a site search and there are some obvious menu items just above the header picture.
Thanks for coming – and don’t forget to say hello.
- Fantasy writer Susan Curnow interviewed me and asked some very interesting questions
- Maria Kuroshchepova interviewed me on her blog
- Suzanna Burke interviewed me on Sooz Says Stuff